Sunday, July 27, 2008

Still Busy...

Yesterday (Saturday, July 26, 2008) was the big switch over project at the office. I'm happy to report that it went more smoothly than we'd expected, though not without its share of issues. Fortunately I was out of there after a short 10hr day (the number of hours logged for the week was about 77) and had the chance to meet-up with some Cachers for dinner followed by a couple local cache finds. I'd love to say the project wrapped up that Saturday evening, but alas we discovered some more issues that I'll be adding to the list to start on Monday. While the milestone has been reached (moving the data from the old system to the new system and replacing some servers and workstations), there's still the chore of fixing these new issues that slipped through or didn't rank high enough to be addressed earlier. I'm sure with the company now running on the upgraded system I'll be getting many more reports, and many help desk calls. At least the major stress is over even if the long days are not. I'm hoping that this will all calm down and I'll have my time back in September as the weather improves for caching. Now I'm thinking about some weekend trips to the west side of the state too. Hmm...where to go...

No comments: