- Log Cache: you can now log your cache-found directly from the app!!
- Your settings for the search range and the GPS Accuracy are stored now. When you close and reopen the app you will find this values as you left them.
Monday, February 17, 2014
Next Cache received another update. The release notes for version 2.4 include;
Monday, February 3, 2014
Looking4Cache Free and Looking4Cache Pro received a major update today. The App Store many bullet points for version 2.0;
- New translations:
- Spanish Portuguese
- User Interface:
- Completely redesigned UI in a style similar to iOS 7 (but with more colors). The app will look nearly the same on all iOS versions.
- Menu to fast access important actions (like create a log).
- Put actions on the map with drag & drop.
- The screen for cache lists is completely new and not nested. There is an option for refresh and rename on every list. Merge lists is possible with drag & drop.
- "Swipe to delete" everywhere where you can delete something.
- To select values it now uses drop down fields instead of the iOS typical wheels.
- Real calendar to select dates.
- New coordinate input fields.
- Improved stripping of HTML and BBCode in the Cache descriptions.
- Complete Cache description in one cell. New buttons for the web view and for "less/more."
- Smilies in logs now shown as smilies.
- Refresh now also possible with pull down (Caches, Trackables...).
- Images will display with a activity indicator if they are not completely downloaded.
- Icons with 'long tap' also work with "double tap."
- Some new images and icons (like for current position and target).
- Load multiple lists at the same time. So it is also possible to load, search and filter your whole database.
- Automatic map center and zoom on the way to your target.
- Shake your device to switch between the map and the cache details (when you target a cache).
- Full owner log types for your own caches.
- Log draft!
- Local logs: Send or delete all local logs or mail them as a fieldnotes.txt
- Search caches by address.
- New callout with informations when tapping a cache on the map.
- Last log icons will be displayed in the cache details and in the map callout.
- Make a visit-log for all your trackables in your inventory with one click.
- You can reset the smily of a cache if the found log was a mistake.
- Faster image download.
- New welcome screen for new users to add a GC account and watch a firststeps video.
- Displays miles instead of feet from 0.2 miles.
- Config: You can disable image downloads when not connected over WIFI.
- Showing degrees in the compass and bearing to target.
- Set target from cache or waypoints easier.
- Added mAPP as new external mapping app.
- Vector Maps:
- Contour lines will be drawn with 25 meter steps. You can disable them too.
- Streetnames optimized: Right direction and with a larger font on higher zoom levels.
- Equality: Churches of several religions got a icon.
- Several small changes like arrows on oneway streets.
- From now every month fresh maps!
- Bug Fixes:
- Refresh of Lists should now work correctly.
- Crash on image gallery fixed.
An update to Caches dropped in the App Store last night. This version lists:
- Waypoints are extracted from Pocket Queries.
- A target line between your location and the destination is displayed on the navigator map (which you can disable on Options).
- Cache descriptions containing large image are displayed correctly.
- And some bugs have been fixed.
Next Cache received an update to version 2.2 this morning. The release notes show;
- New Features:
- Display of cache-listing and hint (only works for geocaching.com-Premium Members or Pocket-Query)
- Display of found caches, nickname and membership-status
- Display of found-status of a cache
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed crashes of mapview when leaving the view
- Fixed memory-leak caused by mapview
Monday, January 27, 2014
The latest update to c:geo (2014.01.25) dropped in the Play Store this weekend. The Play Store lists only bug fixes in this version:
- Twitter would not let us post found caches
- Some phones wouldn't let c:geo add new pictures to logs
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
Those who follow either of my shows know that I've been following a new location game called "Sighter." Today we saw a new version of the Sighter (Beta) app for Android – version 0.077. The highlight in this version is the addition of the "Couch Mode." This mode allows you to play a guessing game anywhere in the world (with a data connection of course). You're shown an image and asked to pick in which of four countries (in "Basic" mode) or cities (in "Advanced" or "Hardcore" modes) that photo was taken. It's a fun twist to the game. It's a free app available in the Play Store now.
Tuesday, January 21, 2014
Next Cache – the app for proximity notification of caches – received a major update today. Version 2.0's release notes show;
- Live data from geocaching.com to import caches directly to your phone whereever you are and whenever you want to find a cache.
- Find a cache more easily with the new map view.
- New IOS 7 look and feel. no screen lock while app is running.