Saturday, February 28, 2009

Caching: Another New iPhone App

While checking for updates this afternoon I found another offline Geocaching app for the iPhone. The Caching app accepts GPX and LOC files then provides the information in an easy to read format. It also includes a search screen that reminds me of the radar in Geocache Navigator (which I grew to find very useful). More information about this program is available through the "Caching Application User's Manual." It is available for $8.99 through the U.S. iTunes App Store now, but I'm not going to be purchasing this one. If you have the app please let me know what you think of it.

UPDATE 3/1/2009: I contacted the Developer who responded promptly. This app is only for the iPhones and will not work on the iPod Touch. He was also kind enough to issue me a Review copy and I should have that installed later in the day.

No comments: