Sunday, August 11, 2013

Eleventh Caching Day of August

August Eleventh SouvenirToday was really about getting from Wisconsin home to Michigan. I'd decided early on Friday that I'd like to hit at least one cache in each of the four states. I looked through the route and sadly only had the rest area caches in Michigan. Instead I scrolled through a picked what looked like the best options just off the freeway. Wisconsin had a nice little pocket where I hit "P&G at L.Sorenson Rd." (GC3FRBK), "P&G Meets the Haunted House" (GC3FRAY), "P&G Old Highway 11" (GC3ACM3), and highlight of the four, "Travel Bug Pickup and Delivery" (GCZ52B) right along a short section of road paralleling the freeway. In Chicago I only found "A SOLO Cache" (GC3R3XC) but tried grabbing two others after getting off the toll road. In the land of xpunkx (Indiana) I only attempted, but did find, "EJE 765" (GC1VPVD). (That made a nice break since I'm a fan of steam powered railroading.) Then in Michigan I hit two in one rest area again – "Eastbound I-94: Time For A Break" (GC3PX8X) and "Eastbound I-94: Time For A Break #2" (GC4EX70). Even with those caches and the driving I was able to make it back in time to unpack, do a load of laundry, log the finds from the weekend, and write up this post. Now it's time to relax a little so I'll be bright and fresh for tomorrow morning's meeting at the office!

No comments: