Friday, January 23, 2009

iGeoCacher Updated to 1.14

It seems that today is a good day for Geocaching iPhone and iPod Touch Users -- iGeoCacher has also been updated today. It looks from the release notes to have one really big feature I've been needing before I could give up the dedicated GPSR. Hopefully the addition of the group maps will give me the visual of the area and surrounding caches I so badly need.

For those not familiar with iGeoCacher, it's an application which requests GPX files be loaded in to populate its database -- similar to Cachemate. This method has the advantage of not needing to be connected to view cache information (which also makes it VERY fast compared to using a 3G connection). It doesn't work as well though when on a FTF hunt as something like Geocache Navigator or the Geocaching app since iGeoCacher doesn't have the instant online access to the cache information.

-- Posted From My iPhone

No comments: